NewSkin – Open Calls
Project name: NEWSKIN
Project full name: Innovation Eco-system to Accelerate the Industrial Uptake of Advanced Surface Nano-Technologies
Project grant agreement number: 862100
The NewSkin project aims to create an Open Innovation Test Bed (OITB) to provide the European Innovation Ecosystem with the necessary technologies, resources and services to uptake a set of game-changing, efficient and cost-effective innovative processes to manufacture nano-enabled industrial and consumer products, as well as the necessary testing capabilities to demonstrate the features of nano-enhanced goods.
During the NewSkin execution, 4 different Open Calls for applicants will be completed.
The next Open Calls application deadlines are scheduled in July 2022, December 2022 and June 2023. After each deadline, 3 months will be considered for evaluation and preparation process, while the execution phase will last for 6 months including reporting. Calls for Applicants and evaluation will overlap with the previous Open Calls execution but no overlapping between services provision will occur. Click here to display the calendar.
- SMEs (Small and medium-sized enterprises) as defined in the EU recommendation 2003/361
- REC (Research organisations) including HES (Higher education establishments
- Research & Development organizations
- LEs (Large enterprises)
- OTH (Other)
For each round of the Open Calls up to 25 proposals will be awarded. The 25 awarded entities will receive free access to their selected services provided by the OITB.
OITB services on offer will be according to the available NewSkin OITB Value Propositions, these include:
- Pilot plants
- Test sites
- LCA and nano-safety assessment
- Business plan creation
- Corporate funding
- Modelling, design, and others.
- The complete set of processes for large-scale manufacturing of graphene nano-enabled membranes (from continuous graphene production to nano-pore creation and functionalization as well as testing facilities).
- Continuous laser texturing, roll to roll (R2R) and Texturing During Moulding (TDM) nano-textures mass production processes.
- Pilot plant semi-industrial facilities for the definition of efficient automated controlled and nano-safe nano-coating processes for large components.
- Continuous PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) and CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) processes.
The calls will be open for 4 months each, with the deadline for round 2 applications on 29th July 2022. A preliminary eligibility check will be performed on all applications that are received by the deadline. All eligible proposals will be then evaluated by Evaluation Committees according to impact, excellence and TRL criteria. The final decision for Open Free Access for successful applicants will be taken by the Evaluation Committee.
The evaluators will review each proposal and in case of large difference in scoring a third evaluator will be called upon.
Open calls results will be communicated within a 45-day period. The contracts should be signed within 45 days of notification of successful application.
Potential applicants are encouraged to make initial enquiries from the OITB team to help to scope out the facilities available to them for through the Open Calls applications.
Services, pricing, and transparent and mutual obligations will be available through SEP in the online platform.
The application form consists of 3 pages including:
- Company Description and Status
- Technology and solution description (TRL)
- Field of application and expected market
- Services Provision request
- Acceptance of mutual obligations and others
NewSkin – Open Calls 0 reviewsLogin to Write Your Review
There are no reviews yet.