National Innovation Programme Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technology – Phase 2: Sustainable Mobility (Germany)
If you are researching and developing in the field of hydrogen and fuel cell technology, you can receive a grant under certain conditions.
The Federal Ministry of Digital Affairs and Transport (BMDV) supports you in your project in the field of hydrogen and fuel cell technology, especially in road, rail, water and air transport as well as in special applications.
Funding is provided for individual or collaborative projects for demonstration, innovation and market preparation for
- on-board technologies and systems, and
- for the fuel infrastructure required in each case.
You will receive the funding as a grant.
- As a commercial company and as a research institution with an economic project, you will normally receive 50 percent of your eligible costs.
- As a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME), you can receive a bonus under certain conditions. To do this, you must meet the EU's criteria for SMEs.
- As a local authority, you can receive up to 80 percent of the eligible expenditure if the considerable federal interest justifies this and the project could not be carried out without federal funding.
- As a university or non-university institution, you can receive up to 100 percent of the eligible expenses.
The funding process consists of two stages. First of all, you must submit your project outline to Project Management Jülich (PtJ).
Your project outlines will be reviewed on the deadlines 31.3 and 30.9 of each year.
In the second stage of the procedure, you will be asked to submit a formal application for funding for your positively evaluated project outline. To create your application, please use the electronic application system easy-Online.