The Thermo Scientific™ Glacios™ Cryo-Transmission Electron Microscope (Cryo TEM) is a dedicated 200 kV cryo-microscope, that features a 12-grid Autoloader
and a state-of-the-art direct electron detector. The Glacios™ Cryo-TEM is set up for single-particle analysis, cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET) and micro-electron diffraction (MicroED).
The acquisition of the cryo-TEM was achieved by the National Network of Advanced Electron Microscopy or Health and Life Sciences (CryoEM-PT). It is the first Cryo-Electron Microscope in Portugal. The CryoEM-PT network is organised with a Central Node at INL, where the microscope is installed, and several nodes throughout the country, which are intended to allow for local preparation of samples and data processing.
• Single-particle analysis: protein complexes
• Micro-electron diffraction: nanocrystals of chemical compounds, proteins
• Tomography: bacteria, thin cells, sections
• 200 kV accelerating voltage
• Cryo-Autoloader for up to 12 AutoGrids
• ±70° alpha tilt
• Falcon 4i high resolution camera
• CETA-D 16M CMOS camera
• Low Dose software (suited for minimised electron dose during cryo-TEM operation in single particle acquisition, tomography and micro-ED experiments)